When it comes to making money online by creating their own products, most writers make the process too complicated.
The simpler you can keep your workflow, the better.
So let’s say that you want to start writing your own products and selling them, rather than writing to order for others.
Here’s a process to help you to write and sell simple reports of five to ten pages:
1. Pick a topic you know something about, where you’re able to define some problems and solutions.
For example, maybe you’re a dieter, who’s got a great solution for getting off a diet plateau. Or you’re a mom whose child was bullied, and who found a solution. Or - you get the idea. Think: PROBLEM + SOLUTION.
2. Write up your problem/ solution combo.
3. Save the file as a PDF. Mac computers come with built-in free PDF, but if you’re on a Windows machine, do a Google search for “free PDF” and you’ll find a mile of them.
4. Get a PayPal account if you don’t have one already. PayPal is an eBay company and lets you get paid by anyone with an email address.
5. Promote your report. You can create a simple Web page, or promote it in your signature file when you post to online forums, or by writing articles which link back to your Web page.
Depending on the kind of information in your reports, and how desperately people want that information, you can sell your simple reports at prices which range from $5 to several hundred dollars.
Wash, rinse, repeat - don’t stop at one report. Create more of them. Before you know it, you’ll be a Web publisher with a very nice income stream.